IKEA Mattress


    As I was scrolling through my Twitter account I was laying on my bed noticing that I have been waking up easily and having a light sleep. I haven't been having the best nights sleep and I know it is from my mattress. As this ad pops up on my feed it seemed like such a coincidence. What I noticed most about this ad is that the bed was so welcoming, the decor on the walls, and the big pillows placed on the bed all seemed so perfect. This ad jumped out to me because it is actually a GIF of a guy jumping on his bed and then he is instantly asleep. It is very simple, but it makes me want to be him. This GIF makes me want to go to Ikea and buy a new mattress, and while I am there maybe grab a few wall decorations, and some new pillows. This is the value preposition of this ad. It is very simple, but tugs on the physical strings and mental strings of wanting to just get a good night sleep! 

    At the top of this ad it states, "Now I can sleep peacefully tonight." The owner of this post was replying to someone, probably one of his friends that he has been complaining to about his old mattress. In this photo you can notice that it says "IKEA" at the very bottom. This is the only marketing feature that Ikea is throwing at their viewers. This ad is not a very flashy,  in-your-face ad about Ikea. It is very short, simple, and low-key. If the viewers know what Ikea is, then this ad works. Although, for those that don't know that Ikea is a furniture store then they may be confused what is trying to be sold here. I would change it so at the end it may say something like, "Get the best night sleep, get the best bed... At IKEA  Furniture Store." Adding something small like this is not too overwhelming for the viewers. They don't think "Ugh another add" they just see a quick GIF and IKEA.  I would also team up with someone who is famous such as, LeBron James, Kevin Hart, or Kim Kardashian. Having one of them jumping into bed makes the viewers and customers want to purchase it because they have it and it is more appealing than just a random guy no one knows. 

    The marketing relevance of this blog is pretty straight forward. It is saying get a good bed, get a goodnight sleep. Even though it does not state those words us as viewers can put two and two together. This ad is targeting those who want/need a new mattress. It is irrelevant to those who have no problem with their mattress. Although, it does show the IKEA logo at the bottom and may trigger something for them to find the need to shop there. 






Here is my link to as where I found this average ad.   https://twitter.com/fluesss/status/1474636217463414784?s=12  

This is my link where you can go directly to IKEA's furniture store.

https://www.ikea.com/us/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The North Face

About Me